Sugaring for Athletes
Athletes can benefit greatly from sugaring.
Removing hair reduces:
- chafing and rashes associated with sweat held close to the body
- distraction, discomfort and infections from ingrown hairs
- an insulating layer for the body (which, depending on the amount of hair, can help with keeping cool)
- tighter fit for padding and clothing
- better concentration and focus
- longer endurance
- reduced friction
We have found that those with thick, curly hair see the most noticeable results. The thick roots hold sweat to the skin and increase chafing. Curly hair is more prone to ingrown hairs.
Some athletes have tried dealing with their hair by shaving. This increases the chance of ingrowns and the roots still hold moisture to the skin contributing to sweating and chafing.
Sugaring is often compared to waxing, but has several dramatic advantages:
- LESS painful
- less inflammation and bleeding
- no risk of removing skin (particularly from areas with thin skin [AKA the balls])
We can Sugar nearly any area of the body. The process is somewhat painful (you're removing hair by the roots) but the results are amazing; Most people find that the benefits far outweigh the discomfort.
"My soccer game has gotten so much better this week. Who knew sweaty balls just slow you down." - Sugar Plum Manzilian Guest